The PeaceHavens Project

Copyright 2022 © Ged Dodd

 aka PeaceHavens Project

 Click here for the terms
of free copy & share &
supporting your Project

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PeaceHavensProject/

 

LINKS TO EVERYTHING ELSE

 

Perth Museum and District

 

 

 

 Perth Museum and Art Galleries

 

#

OBVERSE  click thumbnail

REVERSE click thumbnail

Notes

PER
01
-- no photo АРХ.БРА
ДЕСЯТ (Inspector)
АЛЕКСА ?УНИ?
(ALEKSA ?UNI?)
no photo АРХ.ПОР
ПАКЛЯ ЧЕСКА
2СОРТЪ
Я.К 1862
ARCH PORT
PAKLYA CHESKA
2nd SORT
Ya.K 1862
  Perth Museum
1 PERMG:1974.18
PER
02
-- no photo +
crossed keys
3 grade
no photo blank     Perth Museum
2 PERMG:1979.1244
PER
03
-- no photo not readable no photo ??
????
MK
1849
 ??
????
MK
1849
  Perth Museum
3 PERMG:1992.140.1
PER
04
-- no photo not readable no photo ??
ЧЕСКА
3СОРТЪ
Е.П. 1850
(Arch Br)
CHESKA
3rd SORT
E.P 1850
  Perth Museum
4 PERMG:1992.140.2
               
               
PER
07
-- no photo +
crossed keys
1 grade
no photo blank     Perth Museum
7 PERMG:1992.140.5
               

PER
09

IDS
683

AB ДAMAЦKOИ
1847  CПБ 
ФEДOCEИ

HILLS &
II
WISHAW

Perth Museum
9 PERMG:1992.142.1

PER
10
-- no photo +
crossed keys
3 grade
no photo blank     Perth Museum
10 PERMG:2000.243.9
               
               
               
 
 PER
14
IDS
2259

ДС = DS
ЖЕPБИНЦОВЪ
(ZHERBINTSOV)
H 101

SPB
CFK.R.H
1776
(anchor)

101

post
(Rein hemp)

eBay
Stanley
Perth

               

Stanley Mills, Stanley, Perth, PH1 4QE  - Tel 01738 828268

Stanley Mills was built in 1786 at a hairpin bend in the River Tay – a spot where immense water power

was available. Powered initially by waterwheels, and later by electricity from water-powered turbines.

By the late 1700s, Perthshire had a well-established textile industry. Linen was made from locally grown flax, using water-powered machinery. Mill buildings were added, adapted, shut down, reopened and demolished as the market changed and technology evolved. Local merchants enlisted the support of English cotton baron Richard Arkwright, world-famous as a pioneer of the Industrial Revolution, known for the technical innovation of his machinery and for the ‘factory system’. This brought social and economic change to Scotland and much of the world. Stanley Mills is the best-preserved of all the mills in which Arkwright had a direct involvement.

Initially, the Stanley Mills thrived. The East Mill was added to process flax, but was gutted by fire in 1799. Because of this, and a slump caused by war in France, Stanley Mills closed. James Craig bought the mills in 1801, with financial help from David Dale, founder of the New Lanark mills. But the business failed again and the mills closed in 1813. In 1823, the mills were bought and reopened by Buchanan & Co. The Glasgow company enlarged the East Mill and built the Mid Mill, the gasworks and, in Stanley village, a church and new housing. It flourished for 30 years. Owner George Buchanan helped to create a rail link to Stanley in 1848, making the transfer of raw cotton from Glasgow much easier. Buchanan sold the mills in 1852.The next owner, Samuel Howard, closed the mills during the Cotton Famine of the 1860s, causing mass unemployment. See Stanley Mills | Canmore for lots more photos of the mill.

With the green pasture next to the mill there is a great opportunity to find some Russian flax bale seals

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  - 

 

  

Copyright 2022 © Ged Dodd

 aka PeaceHavens Project

 Click here for the terms
of free copy & share &
supporting your Project